Robert Weaver, Chief Executive Officer
Robert became concerned about the excessive costs associated with employee benefit plans provided by the Tribal Enterprises to their employees. Finding ways to assist his and other tribes struggling to meet the challenge of both affordable and accessible healthcare services became Robert’s calling.
Robert founded RWI Benefits, LLC in 2007 and is the sole owner of the company. Drawing on his ten years experience in the health care and insurance industries, Robert took up the challenge of reviewing every contract and service agreement in place for Tribal Enterprises in addition to auditing their ongoing premium costs. The result of this review was the implementation of revised and renegotiated benefit plans with a savings in excess of four million dollars for 2007 alone.
Robert is known and respected throughout Indian Country as a staunch advocate for Native American health and wellness. His motivation comes from his own family’s devastating experiences with the death and destruction caused by substance abuse, mental health issues, addiction and preventable illnesses. He has chosen to honor the memories of his friends and relatives by working at the tribal, state and federal levels to improve access and affordability to quality healthcare for American Indians and Alaska Natives through improving employee benefit plans and creating tribal member health, dental, vision and memorial benefit plans. Rob and his wife, Blythe, have four children and reside in Grove, Oklahoma.
Honors & Appointments
- 2017 American Indian Business of the Year (National Center American Indian Economic Development)
- 2012 Top Native American Business by DiversityBusiness.com
- Consultative Representative for Government to Government Relations to the US Government for the Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma
- 2012 Award Recipient “Top 40 Under 40 Native Americans” (National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development)
- 2012 Winner of the National Indian Health Board’s (NIHB) Regional/Area Health Award
- National Indian Health Board: Medicare, Medicaid and Health Reform Policy Committee Member (MMPC)